Obsolete Cirris Testers
The tester models listed below are obsolete, and are no longer manufactured or sold by Cirris Systems.
Cirris Trade-In Policy
Cirris encourages customers to trade-in old test equipment for newer models with greater functionality. The test equipment being traded-in must have been purchased direct from Cirris or through an authorized reseller or distributor. (This trade-in policy excludes testers that have been purchased on the used market or from companies that have claimed bankruptcy or had a business re-organization that resulted in non-payment on the original test equipment.) Expansion boxes that attach to the base tester are included in the aggregate trade-in as long as the same number of test points will be purchased in the new equipment. |
- The Trade-in policy allows for a "one for one" trade-in, meaning the trade-in of one old tester towards one new tester. (Multiple older testers cannot be accumulated towards the purchase of a single new tester).
- The trade-in calculation is the same for all tester models:
2.5% deduction per month from the original cost for the first 12 months (30% the first year), and
1.5% deduction each month thereafter (18% each additional year).
The trade-in value is based on the original purchase price, (before taxes, COD charges and freight costs).
- The tester retains a 10% value of the original purchase price even when fully depreciated.
- Test equipment being traded-in must be in good/reasonable operating condition.
- Determine the original purchase price. (What was the original invoice amount of the tester being traded-in?)
- Even though an RMA number is given for the trade-in, the actual credit is "activated" when the tester (to be traded-in) is received at Cirris in reasonable condition.
- The customer is responsible for all freight costs. (Both the return of the trade-in and shipment of the new tester).
- An invoice for the full amount of the new purchase is created and the trade-in "Credit" amount can then be deducted from the invoice.
- If multiple testers are to be traded-in, Cirris does not offer a volume purchase discount AND a trade-in "Credit" on the same transaction! Either a trade-in credit OR a volume discount is offered, not both!
- A trade-in credit cannot be offered when the "Installment Purchase Option" is used to finance the new test equipment.
...Last updated: 13 March 2013