|| Cable Testers and Harness Testers Made Easy!
Retrieving First-Pass-Yield Info. from your Cirris Tester
First Pass Yield (FPY) is the number of assemblies that pass a test divided by the total number tested. So:
FPY = number of good assemblies / total assemblies tested
To calculate FPY you will need to know the number of good cables and the number of cables tested. Here is how to gather those numbers from your Cirris cable tester:
For Signature 1000M, 2000, 1000R+, 1000H, 2000H, and 1000H+ testers:
- Connect a printer to the tester through the built-in parallel port.
- Set the tester's option COUNT ALL CABLES to ON.
- Test the cables. Once you are testing the last cable press the DISPLAY PRINT, or ADVANCE DISPLAY button. The tester will print the test program with the numbers for:
- TOTAL CABLES TESTED
- INTERMITTENT CABLES TESTED
- GOOD CABLES TESTED
- To get the first pass yield, take the difference between the TOTAL CABLES TESTED and the GOOD CABLES TESTED divided by the TOTAL CABLES TESTED.
For Signature 1100R+ and 1100H+ testers:
- If you want the numbers printed, connect a printer to the tester through the built-in parallel port.
- From the SIGNATURE 1100 Main Menu, select Set Preferences.
- From the Set Preferences menu, press the Set Test Count button until All Cables is displayed.
- In continuous test mode the tester's display will show a button for Get Summary Count. When you select Get Summary Count the display will show:
To get a printout of the Summary Count, press Print Test Summary.
In Single Test Mode, the Get Summary Count option is displayed when cable under test is disconnected.
For the Signature Touch1 tester:
- If you want the numbers printed, connect a printer to the tester through the built-in parallel port .
- The test screen shows the number of good and the number of bad cables tested.
- To get the numbers printed, press Test Summary then Print.
For easy-wire CR, CH+, and CH2 testers:
When you are in the test program screen, press the REPORTS button then select the RUN REPORT. The RUN REPORT contains a section titled SUMMARY which contains
- TOTAL TESTED
- TOTAL GOOD
- TOTAL BAD
To obtain these numbers for test runs that have been conducted in the past (CR, CH+ and CH2), go to the Main Menu and select Utilities. In the System Utilities menu, select Test Archive Report. The archive screen lets you choose how to view the list of archived run reports. Select the report of your choice and press SHOW.
Put your data to use with our Continuous Quality Improvement series.
Cirris Systems - First Pass Yield Numbers
© Cirris Systems Corp.