Easy-Wire Station 2019.1.0 Release Notes
WARNING: Back up all files in the database directory before installing a new version of Easy-Wire software.
- 4200 Series tester support
You can now select a new Cirris tester – the 4200/4250.
- Mass import and export
You can now mass import or mass export test programs. Select a group or all programs by using either the control or the shift key. After processing is done, you can review any import/export errors in a log that will display.
- Tester specific help
When you click on help from Easy-Wire, the help system will show you just the information for the tester that is using easy-wire. If you want to see information for other testers, you can change the tester filter. Moreover, when you start typing a help topic, the help autocompletes your search. The help system search now works in whatever browser is your default browser.
- Move the connectors up and down in the list of connectors defined for the test (CR and CH2)
When you set up a test program, you can see all the defined connectors for a test under the Defined Connectors tab. Now you can drag and drop the connectors to a different order.
- Connectors column shows whether a connector is in use (CR and CH2)
When you set up a test program, you can see all the defined connectors for the test under the Defined Connectors tab. A new column next to the defined connectors will show if each of the defined connectors is used in the test.
- More customized name for the data file that exports at the end of each test
In the past, Easy-Wire has been able to export a CSV or PDF data file each time a cable is successfully tested. Now, you can add the serial number and lot ID to the exported file name.
- Wire instructions between splices, splice junctions, relays, and components
You’ve been able input wire instructions between splices and connector pins. Now you can input wire instructions between splices and connected components such as switches, relays, resistors, diodes, capacitors.* You can also use Open and Close Instructions between splice points. This makes programing the device under test closer to the schematic data generated for a test program. It also allows operators to have more detail when using the test program.
- When there is a wire instruction between a splice and a diode, resistor, or capacitor, Easy-Wire requires the splice is connected to two other test points or two the contacts of a switch. This allows the component to be adequately measured. p
- New and improved language translations
Translation improvements have been made in French, Spanish, Chinese, German, Turkish, Italian, and Russian. New languages have been added: Polish, Czech, Swedish, Portuguese, and Japanese.
- Data Input Custom Instruction (CH2 only)
You can now prompt the operator to input typed information during a test. For example, you might prompt the operator to enter the humidity and temperature. The entered information will be added to the measured values column of the test report.
- Start Easy-Wire with a relay test (CH2 only)
A new Easy-Wire startup option is in the Windows Start Menu Cirris Systems Corporation folder called Easy-Wire with CH2 relay test. If you suspect a relay problem or just want to do a thorough test, start Easy-Wire with the application, Easy-Wire with CH2 relay test.
Main Resolved Issues
- Auto-resolving after editing a test (CR and CH2)
After editing a test with Smart-Lights, you can auto resolve when returning to the Test Window.
- Barcode scanner used to search or launch tests
After exiting the Test Window to the Main Menu, the Search entry is active. You can then start a test by keying its name and pressing enter.
- Save labeled points when using Signature test method (Easy-Touch or 1100)
When creating or editing a test that uses Signature Test Mode, you can now save the test after editing point labels.
- Opening report for another type of tester
You are now able to open a Test Program report from the test archive regardless of the tester type selected.
- Probing after learning a test
You are now able to probe points after learning a test.
- Switching to text mode overwrites report formatting
Report formatting is preserved if the user switches to text mode in the Test Editor.
- Column width saved for reports
When you change column widths, they are saved on reports.
- Large database delay
Easy-Wire is optimized for large databases resulting in faster database access when accessing tests, archived tests, and the connector library.
- Test Program Editor window after learn (Easy-Touch or 1100)
After performing a learn with an Easy-Touch or 1100, the Test Program Editor window is maximized.
- Operator prompt during Intermittents test (Easy-Touch or 1100)
In Signature Continuous mode during the intermittents test, the tester now prompts the operator to either press stop or remove the DUT to complete the test.
- Import Test Instructions (Easy-Touch or 1100)
You are now able to access the Import button for test instructions in the editor on the Easy-Touch and 1100 testers.
Minor Resolved Issues
- Signature identification when importing multiple .wir files (Easy-Touch or 1100)
When doing a multi-select import on an 1100, the user is now prompted to identify the adapter for a generic signature.
- Measured IR values are outside IR limits but test passes (Easy-Touch or 1100)
Easy-Touch correctly fails a test when measured value is outside of 500 MOhm limits.
- Lot ID from parent test on child
A child test now inherits the LOT ID of the parent test.
- No Attach Network Station while EW is running
A user is not allowed to run the Attach Network Station utility until Easy-Wire is closed.
- 2D Matrix barcodes missing first characters
In some cases, a few characters could be missing when using a Data Matrix barcode scanner. This issue has been corrected.
- No delete of networked Test Programs in use
In use networked test programs cannot be edited or deleted.
- Create a parent test when under any category
You are now able to create parent tests regardless of category selected. Previously, using categories other than "All" could cause Easy-Wire to crash.
- I/O instructions updated in test program
Fixed an issue where changes to I/O test settings were not saved on exit.
- Space in point label causes an error when testing (CR and CH2)
An error is no longer produced when initiating a test if there is a space in the name of a point label.
- Smart-Light 4-Wire setup prevents standard Smart-Lights from being discovered
Added a notification for instances when SmartLightsInterleaveCRTestPoints=True is used.
- Loading a test from the test archive from a different tester type
When opening a report from the Test Archive from a different tester than the present tester, you could get an access violation.
- Net number recorded in test archive different than in the test
The net numbers are consistent between the test archive and what is displayed during a test.
- Importing a test with IO_LoadTestOnHardwareInput
When you import a test that uses IO_LoadTestOnHardwareInput to reference a non-existent test, you get the appropriate error message.
- Editing or Adding Instruction doesn't show updated Label Point names
When you rename or create new label point names, the new names now appear when you edit an existing instruction or create a new instruction, even after saving or toggling Use Labels off and back on.
- Cirris CH2 Compliance Limited 2W Resistance off scale
When learning custom instructions in the CH2, the Compliance Limited 2W Resistance now recognizes resistors within range.
- Easy-Wire crash when running imported test with duplicate Point Labels
You are notified when you attempt to import a test program that has duplicate point labels.
- Assign a label already assigned to a default connector
Resolved an issue that allows invalid labels to be saved to a test program. Test programs with invalid labels could cause Easy-Wire to crash.
- Invalid characters checked on import
Easy-Wire now checks for invalid characters when importing
- Lua Component Script parameters update when custom point labels change
When you edit point labels, the points that use those labels are updated.
- Pick custom point labels in Easy-Wire Lua script
Cirris.HipotNetsTiedToPoints and other Lua commands can now accept custom point labels.
- Excessive force sense error message in 4-wire connector
Four-Wire force threshold increased from 10 to 15 ohms.
- Very Low 4-Wire expected value shows as 0 milliohms
Test Program Report correctly shows four-wire expected value regardless of their size.
- Record of the backup location
The location of the backup file is now stored in the z_CirrisDataAccess.txt log file.
- Probe instruction to unused splice
Adding a Probe Instruction to an unused splice point does not create an access violation error.
- Signature Continuous set as default test mode (Easy-Touch or 1100)
On the Easy Touch Pro and 1100 run by Easy-Wire, the test mode is Continuous as on other Cirris testers and as in prior software versions.
- Test Report from Child Test when in Signature Continuous mode
You can now access a Test Report of a child test using Signature Continuous test mode.
- Export Signature Test when using point labels on VME adapter
You can now export a test using a VME adapter with point labels.
- Measured values in a child In Process report
Measured values block in child test now contains information.
- Stop a child test using Signature Continuous Test Mode
When running a child test in Continuous Test Mode, the operator can now press Stop to continue to the next child.
- View child Assembly Wiring Report from Test Window
You can now view a child test when you select Assembly Wiring report from the Test Window.
- PLC Control requires PLC to be present
If you use PLC IO control, the PLC must be attached to the tester when you edit or start the test. Not doing so will crash Easy-Wire.
Soliciting Your Feedback
We are continually improving, refining, and redesigning the software to ensure that it works as well as possible. For this release, we have fixed several bugs and other behaviors exhibited by the software. This was in response to customer requests, improvement suggestions, and our in-house testing.
Your opinion is valuable to us. If you have questions, concerns, or improvement suggestions regarding this release of the easy-wire software, please contact your Cirris representative or leave us feedback at http://info.cirris.com/feedback.