- Quality Without Being Overpriced: Affordable for small shops and scalable for larger operations.
- All essential testing: Test for opens, shorts, miswires, and intermittent errors. Also test components such as resistors, diodes, and capacitors.
- Security: Ensure test programs and system setting are the same between facilities and operators by locking selected tester functions to prevent system and test program changes.
- Fast Testing: Innovative technology and efficient algorithms reduce time spent on testing.
- Compact: Small, lightweight, and self-contained for easy movement around production floor.
- Expandable for Large Assemblies: Expansion boxes create up to 1024 test points (128 points per box).
- Easy to Learn: No advanced skills or training necessary to begin testing.
- Built-in Networking: Easily share test programs and printers among multiple units.
- Test Program Customization: Customize labels, reports, digital IO, etc. in individual test programs or globally.
- Multiple Language Options: Avoid mistakes caused by language barriers.
- Quick Test Setup: The Cirris Adapter System provides inexpensive, interchangeable fixturing.
- Transition from 1100: Use test programs and reports already setup in the 1100R+ on the 4200.
- Durable: Test thousands of cables without fear of equipment failure.
- Optional PC Control: Connect to a PC and expand capability with Cirris Easy-Wire™ software.
- Full-color touch screen: View instructions and test results on 7” display.
128 points; expandable to 1,024 points in 128-point increments
Low Voltage Test
- Voltage: 4 V max
- Current: 3 μA to 6 mA
- Resistance: 0.1 Ω to 100 kΩ ± 1% ± 0.1 Ω, 100 kΩ to 5 MΩ ± 10%
- Voltage: 4 V max
- Current: 1 mA to 1 A
- Resistance: 0.005 Ω to 10 Ω ± 2% ± 0.005 Ω
- Diodes: Silicon, LEDs, zeners with breakdown > 4 V
- Resistors: 0.1 Ω to 100 kΩ ± 1% ± 0.1 Ω, 100 kΩ to 5 MΩ ± 10%
- Capacitors: 5 nF to 100 μF ±10% ± 0.02 nF
Max Points Per Net
4 Inputs* / 6 Outputs, 24 V Open collector, +10 V and +5 V eachcurrent limited to 100 mA
*2 of the inputs available via scripting or Easy-Wire Software
Test Point Interface
Cirris Adapter System
- Display: 7” color graphical display with capacitive touch screen(800 X 480 pixel resolution)
- Localization: English, German, Spanish with ability to translate to other languages as needed
- Memory: Internal memory for test program storage (8GB or more)
- File transfer: Transfer test programs either by connecting directly to a PC or using a USB flash drive.
- Printing: Local label printing via serial port. Network printing via optional Cirris Hub™ software.
- Optional PC control: Additional advanced features via Easy-Wire® software
100-240V~, 50-60Hz, 1.2A
Dimensions (width x height x depth)
- Main Unit: 17.4 x 2.5 x 6.7 in. (44.1 x 6.4 x 17.0 cm)
- Add-on Box: 6.3 x 2.5 x 6.7 in. (16.0 x 6.4 x 17.0 cm)
Note: Dimensions are approximate. Contact factory for exact product dimensions.
- Main Unit: 7.10 lb (3.22 kg)
- Add-on Box: 2.30 lb (1.04 kg)
Base Unit Voltage and Point Options
4200 with 128 points | C4200-LV
4200 1500 VDC 128 points | 4200-ELV
Increase the test points of your test system. Add up to seven expansion boxes for a maximum of 1024 test points. Seven add-ons can be mounted in one or two rows. An internal cable, CBL-1024, must be used when using seven expansion boxes.
Cirris Easy-Wire Software (Allows tester to connect to a PC)
Cirris Server Software (Allows networking when the tester is controlled by a PC)
LUA Scripting (Allows customization of the test process)
4200 Scripting Option | SCPT-4200
Scripting can make your tester extremely flexible and able to customize a test process to fit a unique task. Examples for using scripts:
- Create complex tests that are easy for line workers to use.
- Control external devices such as lamps, hold-down clamps, markers, etc.
- Test devices such as switches, gas fuses, zener diodes, bi-color diodes, etc.
- Verify color and lighting of LEDs.
- Display operator prompts and messages.
- Hipot different nets at different voltages.
PC Control Option, Data Collection and Easy-Wire
4200 PC Control, Data Collection, and Easy-Wire Software | SEW-4200
Allows you to control your tester with a Windows PC running Easy-Wire Software. Easy-Wire adds greater test and report control.
Data Collection Option
4200 Data Collection | SPC-4200
Allows the 4200 to save test data which can then be imported into a spreadsheet or third party SPC data processing program. You can use the data to analyze and improve product quality or to generate reports for either your customers or in-house management team. Data collection is also required when the tester is used with Easy-Wire Software to show measured values on reports.
Performance Verification Kit
4200 Performance Verification Kit | PCHK-4200
Allows you to verify the calibration and proper functionality of the 4250 tester. For information on tester calibration, click here.
Digital IO Expansion Module
42XX/1100/Easy-Touch Digital | IO Expansion Module | DIO-MOD
The 4200 Tester comes standard with four inputs and six outputs. The Digital IO Expansion Module increases IO capability with 20 pins that can be configured to either inputs or outputs, and eight output-only pins. Use Digital I/O to add automation devices, such as start buttons, clamping mechanisms, status lights and audio output.